Chicken Noodle Soup

It's been a few years since I've had chicken noodle soup!  The noodles are Egg Life Wraps cut into thin strips.  The noodles will float so I did not add them to the pot of soup. 

The soup was an easy instant pot dish.  I bought a package of chicken thighs ($4 for a pack of 8!  That's only fifty cents each) Pressured the thighs in about a cup of chicken broth.  I took them out of the pan and put the remaining broth on saute, added about a cup of celery and one medium onion chopped, salt and pepper.  

As I deboned the thighs, the celery and onion cooked and softened.  Returned the chicken to the vegetables and added more chicken broth.  I probably used a whole 32 ounce box of chicken broth and another pint of homemade chicken broth that was in the fridge.  

Lightly toast the noodles in a skillet with some butter, place them in the bottom of a bowl and cover with the soup.  It's nice to enjoy some chicken noodle soup on a cold winter's day.  Now I wonder if I could make a toasted cheese "sandwich" with the egg life wraps 😄
 

Comments