Welcome 2020

 


December 29th is my four year ketoversary!  Four whole years.  I spent a lifetime wishing  I could lose weight and be at peace with my appetite and food.  When I found keto that day just after Christmas,  I did not understand this would  be the thing that would heal my mind and my body and help Mark get his blood sugar numbers down into the normal ranges to prevent the myriad of dreaded complications that go with diabetes. You don't know what you don't know.  And at that time I didn't know.

But along these four years of learning how this way of eating works and how to manage life without carbage, I’ve had a dream  one day everyone will know what processed foods are doing to us and how to reverse the epidemic.  I dream of doctors and dieticians and health care professionals everywhere giving us reliable, helpful advice to stay AWAY from the food pyramid and the old low-fat recommendations that made so many of us fat and sick.

One of my wishes for 2020 is  a big-name food celebrity chef will discover what low-carb does and will share it with the world on Food TV.  Someone like Trisha Yearwood, Rachel Ray, Ina Garten, Renee Drummund, or how about Guy Fieri?  C’mon guys, we need a celebrity low-carb champion!  One day it will happen.  Maybe in this next decade?!?

I hope that the info that we share in our little corner of the world is helpful and inspiring.   Many of you have taken the low-carb/keto route and found phenomenal results and I am so proud of you and so happy for you!

And for those who are still struggling, here’s my wish for your 2020:  Don’t give up, let’s start again and make this day your last first day that you have to go through.  Turning the mind towards  the good food we get to eat and giving up the love affair we’ve been having with sugar and bread and so-called “comfort” foods is do-able.

Yes, it takes work. It takes consistent willingness to focus on what we can have rather than on what we’re avoiding.   But the work to make these changes is easier than living with the unhappiness, fatigue, and chronic pains that go along with excess weight.  Those we can live without when we eat real food every day, every meal, bite by bite.

So if you've got a little spark of interest that maybe you'd like to do this too, follow along with us here.  And if you’re local, come join us at Unity Church on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month, 6:30 pm.  We hope we'll see you there :)

Comments