Keto Ice Cream



I've been on an ice cream kick lately.  I found Rebel ice cream at our local HyVee, which is pretty good.  The texture isn't quite right to me, but it's not bad if you don't want to make your own.  But remember how good homemade ice cream is?  Well, this recipe from Mandy over at Ketovangelist Kitchen is actually adapted from an old fashioned ice cream recipe.

I've used both BochaSweet and Allulose sweeteners and they both pass the taste test and the blood sugar test.  I experience some bloating when I have them, so I know it's not something to have all day everyday.   Mark has been testing his blood sugar and it looks like he's able to tolerate it without a sharp spike in glucose. YaY!

We've been having lots of company lately and this has been a hit with everyone, every time.  Yes, it's an effort.  But once the effort has been made, you've got a keto version that tastes like the "real" thing.

Comments