Sous Vide Pork Chops

 


Santa brought me a sous vide for Christmas.  I’ve been wanting one for a while now but dreaded learning how to use it and figuring out where to store it.  But, from these first pork chops, I’d say it’s worth the effort!  This cooking method requires searing the meat after it’s cooked, so there are wonderful pan drippings for gravy-making.  I just added a little more butter and some cream to the pan and let it deglaze.  Very tasty. I just had some sauteed peppers alongside it, but you could also do cauliflower rice and that would be great with the gravy too.

And as always, you tube and Facebook groups are so helpful for learning something new.  The anova link above has video instructions and it did turn out to be pretty easy.  I joined this Facebook group to learn more:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/anovafoodnerd/.

If you aren’t into the sous vide method, you can find Carrie Brown’s synopsis on how to cook the perfect pork chop here. 

I hope you’re enjoying a good pork chop every now and then 🙂

Comments