Swiss & Green Onion Appetizer


 Is this not the cutest little snowman?!? We had a post-Thanksgiving luncheon and so we had a little Thanksgiving decor and a little Christmas too.

This is a Swiss & Green Onion cheese spread that my grandson has loved since he was a baby.  I remember when he was about two years old, he tried to take the whole bowl.  His mom tried to explain to him that he had to share with everybody else and he was not happy! Lol

Back then, I thought this recipe was very fattening and I skimped on the mayo.  Well, not anymore!

So here’s how you make it: Combine 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded Swiss cheese with  1/4 c chopped green onions, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp white or cayenne   pepper.  Mix in just enough plenty of mayonnaise to hold it all together–about a third to a half cup. Serve with your favorite keto cracker or low-carb vegetable.   The grandson approved of my mini-pepper sub! Makes my heart happy 🙂   

Comments