Spicy Cheese Sauce

 


I heard about using Sodium Citrate for making a good cheese sauce on one of 2 Keto Dudes podcasts and I’ve had it on my list of things to try for a while now.  It was so good! And so easy!

You can find Sodium Citrate (also known as trisodium citrate) on Amazon.

I put the liquid from the can of Rotel in a saucepan and brought it to a boil with a half-teaspoon of the sodium citrate, then added a combination of cheddar and monteray cheeses and stirred until they were all melted together.  And then I stirred in about 3 heaping tablespoons of the rotel tomatoes.  It was a beautiful cheese sauce! Perfectly smooth, no separating, no clumping, like magic! Wow!  Mark loved it with some Epic Pork Rinds, which we find at our local Hy-Vee.  Thank you to the 2 Keto Dudes for the suggestion 🙂

Comments