Strawberry “Pretzel” Salad Keto-Style

 


This was dessert on Mother’s Day this year, strawberry “pretzel” salad.  I made a version of this the very first mother’s day after going low carb and I remember how happy I was that we could have dessert and still be losing weight and getting Mark’s blood sugars down.  Fast forward another two years to this Mother’s Day and I knew I wanted to recreate that recipe.

Crust:
1 1/2 cup pecans, crushed
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup almond flour
3 Tblsp Swerve
1 tsp salt
Process together, press into 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes, just til golden brown.

Filling:
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Swerve
1 tsp vanilla
Whip together til fluffy and pour over cooled crust.

Topping:
Fresh sliced strawberries

It was every bit as good this year as two years ago. And while berries are on the keto food list, we have them maybe once a year, so these were a real treat.  I hope your Mother’s Day was full of good company and good keto food too 🙂

NOTE:  Thank you to KetoRach.com for the original version of this dessert!

Comments