Cowboy Butter

 


Lately I’ve been making compound butter to put on steaks and burgers.  I got inspired to make them after a friend gave me this cute little mold.  Thanks, Nancie!   This one is Cowboy Butter.  If you like horse radish and you’re looking for ways to add more healthy fat to your intake, you might want to try it. If you don’t like horse radish, just leave that out and add some more garlic 🙂

Cowboy Butter

  • 1/2  c. butter, melted
  • 1 tsp  lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tblsp onion, minced
  • 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
  • 1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
  • 1 tsp. minced thyme
  • salt & pepper

Here’s some beautiful brisket that Mark smoked for us, topped with cowboy butter.  It’s almost Thanksgiving, our second since starting this way of eating.  I am thankful thankful for keto and all the benefits we’ve experienced with it.

And I’m thankful thankful for so many blessings.  We’re all healthy, Isaac is home, Judson & Rachel are moving home.  I hope your Thanksgiving is happy and blessed too.  And that it includes some cowboy butter.  I bet it would go good on turkey too 🙂

Comments