Valentine’s Day Cookies

 


This cookie recipe is from the Swerve folks.  (Lots of good recipes there!)   I made them into a Valentine’s cookie version for our trip to Judson and Rachel’s last weekend.  They liked them!  Betsy & and I made the icing out of a little butter and Sukrin 1 sweetener with a drop of red food coloring to make it pink and a splash of vanilla for flavoring.

By my count, there are 3 total carbs per cookie, 2 fiber.  If you’re counting net carbs, that’s one carb each.  Or if you’re going with the more strict version, count all three.  But do your own calculations to double check your ingredients.

Here’s what I’ve learned about icing:  Swerve is fine for baking, I can’t tell any difference in the taste.  I can find Swerve at my local Meijer and it’s my go to sweetener for most things.    But for the icing, the Sukrin 1 icing sweetener  works better.

 

Here’s how I know.  I made a practice run on these cookies before taking this latest batch to Judson’s.  You can see here my comparison:  the swerve icing is on the top, the sukrin 1 icing is on the bottom.  And from my pictures, you can tell that practice makes–well, if not perfect, at least better!

If you make these, let me know how yours turn out too!  Happy Valentines’ Day 🙂

Comments