Italian Beef with Not-Potatoes

 I love my instant pot.  I don’t get money from amazon for selling, but I think the instant pot electric pressure cooker/slow cooker/saute pan is the bomb and I hope you have one too.  It makes hard boiling eggs beyond easy, even if it did seem easy when I made them in a saucepan on top of the stove.  And I never have to worry about letting something burn or boil dry in the instant pot.  Something I’ve done too many times!

Anyway, I pressured this yummy chuck roast in the instant pot yesterday with a jar of peppercini’s juice & peppers all, some italian seasoning, and a stick of butter.  And I added some radishes. Pressured on low for 40 minutes.  The roast was fall apart tender and the radishes were very good.

Some folks say that cooked radishes taste just like potatoes.  I don’t go that far.  I had tried the radishes once before but didn’t get them done enough.  They need to cook for a while.  The pressure cooker definitely made them softer and the seasoning seemed to make them better too.  Not potatoes, but still very good.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should tell you that Mark is not a fan.  But that’s okay, he’s just recently come around to cauliflower, so I’ll give him some time on radishes too 😉

Anyway, tell me about what you cook in your instant pot.  And definitely let me know if you try the radishes!

Comments